Sunday, November 4, 2007

HE LOVES GOLD!!!!!!!!!

I love this movie.

Although a blunt statement, it is the truth. And, i believe the reason i love it is the same for why every other man in the country loves it. It is a complete Fantasy.

James Bond is the epitome of what every guy wants in his life: beautiful women, fast cars at no expense, unlimited money of an unknown source, and the ability to be bullet-proof. I find it hard to believe that undercover spies actually live this kind of life but is nice to dream.

What i found interesting about this movie is that the script was not especially strong, it was filled with cliches and clunky dialogue, but the actors have a way of making it seem completely natural. Or how at the end when James and Pussy Galore are under the parachute and James says: "This is no time to be rescued." In any other circumstance, a person who just jumped out of a crashing plane after almost being shot would consider this a good time to go to a hospital - not stay in the jungle. But these platitudes in the script and unbelievable moments are really what are the foundations for the quintissential bond movie.

I'll admit, I overlooked the dramatic/cinematic elements of this movie while watching to the extent of remembering every detail. But in a way, that's what makes it a great Bond Movie: Goldfinger completely envelops the viewer into this alternate reality of secret spy missions, fast cars, and beautiful cars. The entire watching the movie, i wasn't thinking:"I Love This Movie;" I was thinking, "I Love James Bond."

No comments: