I am always willing to appreciate avant-garde films, foreign films, even mediocre films. But i draw the line at bad films
Run Lola Run is certainly an interesting film that makes you think about the importance of time, that every second counts. So in that field I give it credit. I even enjoyed the music choices that perfectly mirrored the feeling and emotion of almost every scene.
I go to the movies to be entertained, for the most part. A film where a woman is running for 70 minutes is just boring from my point of view. Not to mention the fact that only the smallest things changed each time. It is not like in the movie Memento, which i believe is similar in style, in which a little bit more is revealed each time; in this movie it is the same plot for every single scene.
I also had absolutely no attachment to any of these characters. When Lola got shot in the first scene i remember thinking: "that doesn't even look real, her blood looks like paint." When i should be thinking "Oh my God, is she gonna be ok!?"
Then comes the inexplicable nature of this character: Lola. She seems like a super hero with these mutant powers: she can run for incredibly long distances without getting tired, and she can scream to affect probability. Now i am a huge comic book fan, i love X-men and all of that, but at least some of that is explained a little bit. This is just some girl who runs places and screams a lot. That is honestly my feeling about the character of Lola.
By the way, if this guy Manni is doing all these drug deals anyway and he is wiling to shoot up a grocery store, then maybe he deserves to die.
I may be too critical. If you like movies like this (for 70 minutes):
Then be my guest.
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment